The Beginning


So we all have the book or series that got us into reading. I still own my original box set of Twilight. This box set was the first books I read and ever bought with my own money. This photo is the first time these books have left their original box in over a decade, which is crazy to me. I still remember the day I bought these books.
I remember watching the movie Twilight when I was in 5th grade and becoming OBSESSED, I needed to know what happened to Bella and Edward. When I found out the movie was based on a book I decided I wanted to try to read them. I was walking around in an electronics store with my family a couple days later and voila, there they are, the entire boxed set of them. I got the box set that came with the journals and prints too.
I got home and started immediately, and before the week was done, so was I, will the entire series.
Twilight woke something up in me, by the end of that year I had nearly 100 books.
I started blazing through books like The Vladimir Todd series, House of Night, Vampire Academy.
I started getting books for my birthday and Christmas and any other event I could convenience my family to get me books.
Books became my life.
I survived the darkest time of my life inside those pages.
While I don't read any of these books anymore, and I find a lot of issues with them now that I am an adult, I can't help be grateful for what Twilight did for me.
I have gotten to live in so many worlds and it all started with this one.
This box set right here grew into the massive library I have today.
For that, I will always be thankful.
What was the first book for you?
As always happy reading!

Comments

  1. The first book that I got for myself was 1984. Since then I've found myself in a place that isn't good, with limited options, so read and read. I'm grateful for it. Now I don't stop buying more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same issue here. I have a huge collection of books now that just keeps growing!

      Delete

Post a Comment